Version 5.31 of Caliber has been released. This open source ebook manager is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS. Among other things, it can look up all relevant information and cover images, and convert ebooks to make them suitable for the various types of e-readers. Furthermore, the program can convert newspapers, magazines and news articles based on RSS feeds into e-book format. Books can also be purchased with Caliber at the well-known web stores. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
- Kindle driver: Support the new Kindle PaperWhite 2021. Closes tickets: 1948883†
- Add an option under Preferences->Behavior to have caliber recognize numbers when sorting (this was previously under Preferences->Tweaks).
- E-book viewer: Add a button to directly open the viewer help section in the caliber user manual to the viewer controls.
- E-book viewer: Prevent the display from sleeping when using auto-scroll or read aloud modes (Implemented only on Windows and macOS).
- Edit book: Set semantics tool: Add support for EPUB 3 landmarks.
- Add an entry to the Connect/share menu to open the content server in a local browser when it is running. Close tickets: 1948493†
- Content server: Fix some OPDS feeds failing with non-ASCII content. Close tickets: 1947879†
- Tag browser: Fix incorrect first letter partitioning when enabling numeric collation of items that start with a number. Close tickets: 1948560†
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11|