Version 5.26 of Caliber has been released. This open source ebook manager is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS. Among other things, it can look up all relevant information and cover images, and convert ebooks to make them suitable for the various types of e-readers. Furthermore, the program can convert newspapers, magazines and news articles based on RSS feeds into e-book format. Books can also be purchased with Caliber at the well-known web stores. Version 5.0 has included a switch to Python 3, various improvements have been made to the e-book viewer and there is now also a dark mode for the e-book viewer and content server. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
- Dark color scheme: Use a darker blue for highlighted items. Close tickets: 1941013
- Content server book viewer: Show a message when a search finds no matches.
- MOBI Output: Fix JPEG images without any JFIF metadata not being rendered on the Kindle.
- Comic input: Fix single color images having their colors changed by normalization. Close tickets: 1939908
- E-book viewer: Fix creating multiple highlights in a single paragraph that also contains some extra text formatting at the start causing the second and subsequent highlights to malfunction. Close tickets: 1940005
- Edit book: Fix a regression in the previous release that broke the options in the Remove unused CSS dialog. Close tickets: 1939912
New news sources
- NYTimes Cooking by gourav
Improved news sources
- Boston Globe
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|