Version 5.21 of Caliber has been released. This open source ebook manager is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS. Among other things, it can look up all relevant information and cover images, and convert ebooks to make them suitable for the various types of e-readers. Furthermore, the program can convert newspapers, magazines and news articles based on RSS feeds into e-book format. Books can also be purchased with Caliber at the well-known web stores. Version 5.0 has included a switch to Python 3, various improvements have been made to the e-book viewer and there is now also a dark mode for the e-book viewer and content server. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
- Driver for the new Kobo Ellipsa.
- Content server: When editing metadata for fields that take multiple values, make it easier to remove individual values by simply tapping a button. Close tickets: 1930958.
- Browser viewer: Make current color scheme setting propagate to all devices automatically when using user accounts.Closes tickets: 1930900.
- E-book viewer: Image popup: Show the image resolution in the popup window’s titlebar.
- HTML Input: Fix handling of @import rules in stylesheets nested more than one level deep. Close tickets: 1930922.
- Fix viewer search context menu to clear searches not clearing search settings. Close tickets: 1930912.
- E-book viewer image popup: Fix full screen button in incorrect state when starting in full screen.
Improved news sources
- Associated Press
- The Hindu
|Windows 7, Linux, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10