A new version of Caliber has been released. Caliber is an open source e-book management tool and is available for Windows, Linux and macOS. It can, among other things, look up all relevant information and chaff images, and convert e-books to make them suitable for the various types of e-readers. Furthermore, the program can convert newspapers, magazines and news articles into e-book format based on RSS feeds. Also with Caliber books can be purchased at the well-known web shops. The program is actively developed and usually a new version appears every other week on Friday. In version 3.22 the following improvements have been made:
- Edit book: Add a tool to upgrade books from EPUB 2 to EPUB 3 (Tools-> Upgrade book internals). Automatically upgrades metadata, converts the NCX table of contents and adds required manifest annotations
- Add support for the FBZ format (zipped FB2). Closes tickets: 1762634
- Kindle driver: Change the height of generated thumbnails to 500px, needed for the Oasis 2017
- Edit book: the files appear in the book.
- Polishing: Recognize title pages in EPUB 3 landmarks section
- Edit Book: Automatically updated the modified timestamp in the OPF when saving EPUB 3 books.
- Remove the ISBNDB metadata plugin as ISBNDB no longer allows free lookups. Closes tickets: 1761906
- EPUB 3 metadata: If the book defines more than one author sort of value for an author to use it instead
- Check Book: Dont warn for nav document not in spine in EPUB 3 books
- Linux installer: Fix umask not working with the recommended install because stdin is a pipe
- Browser viewer: Sync function without being logged in  Back to the top of the page
New news sources
- Le Monde: subscriber paper edition by Remi Vanicat
Improved news sources
- National Geographic