AOMEI has released version 9.0 of Partition Assistant. Partitions can be modified with this program. For example, they can be enlarged, reduced, divided or merged, the alignment can be adjusted and a partition can be copied, which is useful when, for example, migrating from a hard disk to an SSD. Partition Assistant is free, but there is also a Pro version, which includes converting the mbr to gpt format for a boot partition and handles dynamic volumes. Below is the changelog of the last few versions:
Changes in version 9.0:
- Added Shred Files：Destroy unwanted files and privacy data from your computer to avoid being recovered.
Changes in version 8.10:
- Fixed some bugs that affected startup.
- Optimized “Toolbar”: only list commonly used tools so that it become more clean.
Changes in version 8.9:
- Fixed issue: in some cases, system cannot boot due to disk cloning.
- Optimized installation interface.
- Optimized some prompt texts.
- Reserve licensed information when upgrade to a new version.
Changes in version 8.8:
- Fixed issue: Windows To Go Creator displays abnormally after loading a Windows installation file.
- Fixed issue: The target system unable to boot when performing OS migration under PreOS mode.
- Optimized text display for German interface.
- Added ConvertDisk function on the menu bar: one-click to convert a selected disk between MBR and GPT styles without data loss.
- Fixed issue: The program crashes during registration.
- Fixed issue: The WinPE created on a GPT USB flash drive unable to boot.
Changes in version 8.7:
- Fixed issue: The program crashes when updating system information during cloning.
- Fixed issue: EntryPoint GetTickCount64 not found in kernel32.dll on startup in Windows XP.
- Optimized the registration prompt text;
- Optimized the process of entering “Reboot Mode”.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|