Adobe has released an update to version 12.0 of Flash Player and version 4.0 of the Adobe Integrated Runtime. With Adobe Flash Player it is possible to play Flash content, mainly swf files, on the computer. Popular video sites such as YouTube and Google Video, among others, offer their visitors the opportunity to play videos with the stand-alone Flash Player. Adobe AIR provides a cross-platform environment for developing and playing so-called Rich Internet Applications. The release notes for this release can be found below.
- Improved Packaging Engine – iOS – BETA
We’re very excited about this new feature. The new packaging engine we’re working on can improve iOS packaging time up to 10 times over the current packager! However this feature is still early in development and we’d like to get your feedback. To enable this feature, please use “-useLegacyAOT no” in the ADT command, before the signing options.
- Graphics: Buffer Usage flag for Stage3D
We’ve added a new enum Class called Context3DBufferUsage which defines two constants, STATIC_DRAW (default) and DYNAMIC_DRAW. These constants specify how buffers will be used in Stage3D. We’ve also added a new parameter, called “bufferUsage”, to the constructors of VertexBuffer and IndexBuffer. This “bufferUsage” parameter uses one of the constants form Context3DBufferUsage, which will allow you to select the appropriate buffer type according to your needs.
- Mobile Workers (concurrency) – Android
Introduced as a beta feature in AIR 3.9, we’ve continued to improve this feature based on your feedback for its official release in AIR 4.
- Support for native resources access by R* mechanism in native extension – Android
Currently, to use the native Android resources in the Android Native Extension one has to use getResourceID() API while typically to access the resource IDs developers use the R.* mechanism. AIR 4.0 onwards, apps developers will be able to access the resources by R.* mechanism. All the dependencies need to be specified in platform.xml as following and all the dependencies and resources to be packaged in the ANE.
- Stage3D Creation of Context3D with Profile Array
We’ve added a new interface to Stage3D.requestContext3DMatchingProfiles(profiles:Vector. ) which will create a Context3D with highest level suitable profile that is in profile array, based on the current hardware. A developer can check the newly added property ‘profile’ to obtain the current profile that was chosen by the Flash Runtime.
- Support for Android 4.4 (KitKat)
We’ve completed our support testing with AIR against the latest Android 4.4 release. Please let us know if you encounter any problems.
- Mac .pkg Installation Support
Deploying Flash Player and keeping it up to date is a critical task for system administrators worldwide. In Flash Player 11.9 we added .pkg support for ease of deployment. In Flash Player 12, we’ve incorporated feedback from system administrators to improve the workflow and UI.
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 Support
Microsoft has released IE 11 on Windows 7 and we now officially support this combination in Flash Player 12
-  [Win8] inconsistent freeze in performance moments after your finger(s) leave the touch screen (touch display only, not mouse)
-  Flash App created using Flex sdk 3.3 take about 10 seconds longer on Windows 7 thank on the Windows XP
-  [Mac]MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN/MOUSE_UP does not be fired when is pressed
-  [Mac] PDF doesn’t render when rendermode is set to direct or gpu on Mac OS
- [Win8] Certain MouseEvents are either not dispatched or dispatched at incorrect times.
-  compiling in “ipa-debug-interpreter” mode results in PackageExtractionFailed
-  [Mac]Packaging multiple SWFs fails
-  Improve error message when app update fails due to certificate issues
-  when switching video quality, the audio quality changes, but not the video quality
Flash Player Bugs
-  [Chrome x64] XPS Printing produces blank documents
-  [Win8.x] YouTube videos don’t always resume when tapping inside the video in desktop IE
-  [Win8.1 Pepper] Camera is listed twice in the setting ui panel with Chrome
- [Mac] Extra characters render when pressing the shortcuts CMD+C, CMD+X, CMD+A, and CMD+V in Stage Web View.
-  [Win7][IE 11 – Instaback] Video continues to play for a few seconds after navigating away from page
-  [Win8.1] edit control does not handle IVS characters or surrogate pairs such as emoticons correctly
- [Mac] flash.media.scanHardware() does not work on NPAPI Flash Player
-  [Win8.x] ARM devices: YouTube controls disappear when when exiting fullscreen by invoking app bar
-  PlayTo stops in the middle when network connection is not stable
- [Win8.x] unable to upload multiple images in file-browse dialog
-  some menu controls are not refreshing when clicking controls and inputting text
-  Fullscreen (with sourceRect) doesn’t work correctly in Pepper version
- [Win8.1][IE11] drawToBitmapData fails to draw correctly when using constrain mode
-  on some graphics cards, Stage3d works in software mode, instead of GPU
-  Audio continues to be heard when video is fast forwarded after a rewind operation
-  wrong value is momentarily returned after trickPlay is ended using a pause
-  KingsRoad Stage3D performance impacted on low-end laptops running Chrome with PPAPI player
-  white/black background displays in CC mode
|Version number||184.108.40.206.152 & 220.127.116.110|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Android, Windows XP, macOS, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, iOS, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8|