Ludvig Strigeus has just released version 1.2.1 of µTorrent. Although µTorrent is a newcomer among the many BitTorrent clients available, it is one of the most popular at the moment. This is partly due to the size of the program of only 107KB and a particularly low load on the memory and the processor. Furthermore, it contains useful features such as multiple simultaneous downloads, the ability to set bandwidth usage and support for protocol extensions and UPnP. The changelog for this release shows the following changes:
- Feature to select if DHT should be on/off by default for torrents.
- Support compact file allocation method.
- Swapped order or Upload/Download in the status bar.
- Fixed problem when seeding from a CD.
- Tweaked peer upload queue size.
- Do not support private=1 in tracker replies.
- Don’t scrape stopped torrents.
- Added 10000ms as a refresh interval
- Refresh window when restoring from minimize
- Fix problem with Alt-F/O etc not working.
- bind_ip should affect UPnP too.
- Don’t give read-only errors when seeding a torrent.
- Color in generals tab didn’t work well on dark color schemes.
- Don’t allow adding the same torrent twice (even if the select directory window is open).
- 255.255.255.255 didn’t work in ip blocking.
- Don’t show “do you want to remove…” unless something is selected.
- Disconnect ALL seeds when becoming a seed.
- Bug in Seed ETA computation.
- Don’t make multiannounce torrents if only a single tracker is entered.
- Display bug if sending/receiving >2MB/s
|Operating systems||Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP|