On the iPhone it has been possible for a long time to send messages with a nice full screen effect. Think of confetti, fireworks or balloons. Since macOS Big Sur came out this month, it can finally be done via the Messages app on the Mac. And it’s actually easier than on the iPhone. How it works? We’ll show you!
Send messages with effect Mac
- Open the Messages app and open a chat.
- Type in a message, but don’t hit enter to send just yet.
- Click the App Store icon to the left of the message box.
- Click Message Effects.
- All possible effects appear at the bottom. Click on it for a preview.
- Satisfied with an effect? Send your message by clicking on the send button (the up arrow). Or press enter.