Samsung releases Galaxy F62 in India with 7000mAh battery and soc from Note 10

Samsung will release the Galaxy F62 phone in India next week, a device with a 7000mAh battery and the Exynos 9825 soc from the Galaxy Note 10 from 2019. Galaxy F phones have not yet appeared in the Benelux.

The midrange phone has a 6.7 “OLED screen with 1080p resolution, Samsung writes. The device measures 163,9 x 76.3 mm and is 9.5 mm thick with a weight of 218 grams. The plastic housing contains a 7000 mAh battery. that users can charge with 25W via the USB-C port.

On the back are three cameras and a depth sensor. The primary camera has a 64-megapixel sensor with 0.7 micron pixels. The second camera has an ultra-wide angle lens with an angle of view of 123 degrees, while the sensor has 12 megapixels. The third is a 5-megapixel macro camera. There will be variants with 6GB and 8GB of RAM of an unknown type, both with 128GB of storage.

The soc is the Exynos 9825 from 2019, which was Samsung’s first 7nm soc, partly produced with euv. It is a variant of the Exynos 9820 from the Galaxy S10. The soc has two Samsung M4 cores, two Cortex A75 cores and four Cortex A55 cores. Samsung puts an Arm Mali G76MP12 GPU in it and there is also a separate core for calculations in neural networks. The built-in Shannon 5000 modem does not support 5G, but does support 4G over lte cat 20, with connections on eight frequencies simultaneously for a maximum download speed of 2Gbit/s.

The fact that Samsung reuses the soc is probably due to the planned extended support for high-end phones. The S10 series has already been upgraded to Android 10 and 11 and will also be upgraded to Android 12 in the future. For cheaper phones, Samsung promises one upgrade, and that would come out on the same Android 12 for the F62.

The Galaxy F-series is a line of midrange smartphones that Samsung only sells online and the South Korean company mainly focuses on India. Galaxy F phones have not yet appeared in the Benelux. It is obvious that Samsung will integrate components such as the 7000mAh battery in European models later, although there is no information about this yet.

The Galaxy F62 comes at a price of 24,000 rupees for the 6GB variant. That is converted currently about 275 euros. Retailer Flipkart’s customers can also purchase the phone in the Galaxy Forever Smart Upgrade program. That program, which competitor Realme also offers under a different name, means that users pay 70 percent of the purchase price at the time of purchase and after one year can choose to keep the phone and pay the remaining 30 percent or return the phone and buy a new Galaxy phone again at a discount.