September is perhaps the most beautiful month of the year for Apple enthusiasts because then it is time for a new generation of iPhones. Apple just presented the new iPhone: the iPhone 13 (mini)! From when is it available? And what’s new? Here’s what Apple told us at the Apple event.
iPhone 13: familiar design
The iPhone 13 and its smaller brother, the iPhone 13 mini, are the successors of the iPhone 12 and 12 mini. In addition to this entry-level model, a more luxurious model, the iPhone 13 Pro (Max), has also been announced.
Last year, the iPhone 12 received an updated and more robust design with flat sides. Major design changes were not planned for the iPhone 13. It is at most about details: The notch – the bite from the screen – has become somewhat smaller. The camera lenses are in a different arrangement: diagonally this time.
The size has not been changed either: the iPhone 13 mini has a 5.4-inch screen, making it the smallest device. The iPhone 13 has a 6.1-inch screen.
The iPhone 13 (mini) may be a spitting image of its predecessor, of course there is something new under the sun. What’s new?
The new camera appeals most to the imagination. The 13 (mini) still has two lenses, but the different positioning of the lenses already reveals that there is something new. These are the big innovations for the camera:
- Movie mode: In movies, you always see how the focus shifts from one person to another. Now you can with your iPhone videos too! The subject is sharp, the background stylishly blurred. It’s like portrait mode, but for video. You can adjust the depth of field afterwards.
- Smart HDR 4 for photos: Now recognizes up to four people in a photo, and adjusts contrast, exposure, and skin tones for each.
- Photographic Styles: The old filters always affected your entire photos, making skin tones, for example, unnatural. The new styles adjust specific areas of the photo and leave other colors untouched.
Mega renewal for the battery!
The iPhone 12 had a small battery, smaller than that of its predecessor. Especially with the iPhone 12 mini, the battery life was on the short side. With the iPhone 13, the battery life has again been greatly improved. The iPhone 13 mini lasts an hour and a half longer, the regular one no less than two and a half hours.
And further …
- A new iPhone also means a new processor. Last year the iPhone 12 had an A14 Bionic chip, with the iPhone 13 we continue to the A15 Bionic. It is above all a lot faster than its predecessor. With 2 high performance and 4 efficiency cores.
- The screen is 28 percent brighter and has 800 nits – even 1200 nits under peak conditions!
The iPhone 13 (mini) in short
- Available in 2 sizes: 5.4 inch (iPhone 13 mini) and 6.1 inch (iPhone 13)
- A15 Bionic chip
- Same design as the iPhone 12, but with a more subtle notch (bite off the screen)
- Dual camera in diagonal arrangement, with portrait mode for video
- Available in a variety of colors, including pink, blue, black, red, and something Apple calls Starlight.
- The entry-level model has 128 GB of storage, which is twice as much as the entry-level model from before. 512 GB is now the maximum storage capacity.
iPhone 13 prices
There is already an iPhone 13 for it €909 and an iPhone 13 mini for €809. The prices have therefore not changed compared to last year! The presale starts on September 17,