In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to activate the new Start menu in Windows 10. To enable this new menu, you will have to use Windows 10 May 2020 Update (2004).
- Type in Windows Update in the search box and open the first one from the list.
- Next, click on the ‘Check for updates’
- Once done, select ‘Optional updates’ and install Build 19041.423 (KB4568831).
- Once done, reboot the PC.
After the restart, you need to make some changes to the registry settings. Follow some of the simple steps given below.
- First of all, open Notepad.
- Paste the following script:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- Save the notepad file as 20H2.reg and then double-click on it to apply the changes.
- Once done, restart the PC, and you would see the new start menu.
Note: Some of the new features were expected to arrive with the next feature update for Windows 10, but Microsoft has integrated some of the features of the next feature update in Windows 10 version 2004 already. Microsoft hasn’t rolled out the features to non-insiders. So, adding them manually could trigger some errors. So, make sure to try this at your own risk.