Microsoft Defender Application Guard uses Hyper-V technology to create a virtual environment. The feature is only available for Windows 11 Pro, Enterprise, and a few other variants. Therefore, virtualization must be enabled on your PC to enable and use this feature. Here’s what to do.
1. Click on the Windows 11 Start button and select Settings.
2. In the Settings app, click the apps section on the left.
3. On the right. Click on the right Optional Features.
4. On the Optional Features page, scroll down and click the More Windows Features choice.
5. In the Windows Features pop-up to check the “Microsoft Defender Application Guard” choice.
6. When you are done, click on the Apply knob. Now you will be prompted for Restart your computer† Click on the Restart now to reboot and apply the changes.
Once enabled, you must use the Edge browser to use the Defender Application Guard. Here’s how to use it.
1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser on your Windows 11. Then tap the three dots.
2. From the list of options select: ‘New application monitoring window’.
3. This will open a new application protection window in your Edge browser. You can now browse untrusted websites without worrying about security issues.