Nokia has released new firmware for its latest email phone, the E75. As can be seen in the changelog, the changes are almost all mail related. With an update for devices from Nokia’s N-series, Nokia usually still processes the latest nice applications in the firmware, something that is clearly not done in this firmware. Of course all those applications can be downloaded in the Ovi Store and a lot is also on Nokia Beta Labs to obtain.
In addition to the option to have the device equipped with the latest firmware at Nokia Service Point, it is also possible to have a device equipped with the latest firmware Nokia Software Updater home with this firmware. It is possible that the mobile has not yet been approved by the supplier for this update. If this is the case, it is recommended that you contact the relevant supplier or visit a Nokia Service Point.
Before providing a device with this update, it is advisable to make a backup of the data. This is possible by means of the backup function in PC Suite, or by making a complete backup to the memory card in the device.
The complete changelog reads as follows:
– Performance improvements for email UI
– Usability and functionality improvements for email setup
– Improvements for MfE sync reliability and throughput
– Automatic roaming between access points for MfE
– Usability improvements for HTML support in email
– Automatic remote contacts lookup setup in Contacts application
– Chinese subject indentation in emails
– Delete confirmation to email global settings
– Added Send email option to mail viewer action menu
– WLAN stability improvements
– Localization fixes
– Display light functionality improved
– VoIP stability improvements
– Removed “Tap to silence” and “Turn to silence” features (display rotation still exists)
– General stability improvements