Netgear has released new firmware for its ReadyNAS NV+, NV, Duo, 1100, X6, and 600 series storage systems under the name RAIDiator with 4.1.6 as the version number. The announcement informs us that, among other things ReadyNAS Remote and wav file support for ReadyDLNA have been added. This announcement therefore looks like this:
NETGEAR is pleased to announce the release of RAIDiator 4.1.6, an update firmware for the ReadyNAS NV+, NV, Duo, 1100, X6, and 600. We urge that you update to the latest firmware to take advantage of newly added features and bug fixes. The simplest way to update is to use the System/Update/Remote tab in Frontview. If you prefer, you can choose to do a local update by first downloading the new image here: RAIDiator-4.1.6. Please do keep in mind that once you upgrade from RAIDiator 3.x or earlier, you will not be able to revert back to anything prior to RAIDiator 4 without reformatting your ReadyNAS.
The following are changes since RAIDiator 4.1.5.
- Embed ReadyNAS Remote in the release. You no longer need to install the add-on separately. Please post any issues with ReadyNAS Remote on the ReadyNAS Remote Beta forum.
- Enhanced ReadyDLNA to allow wav files to play on PS3.
- SMTP server settings should be more flexible to work with more servers.
- Wireless performance should be back to 4.1.4 levels.
- Reduced firmware image size to be compatible with Rev. A Ready NAS 600.
- Fixed X-RAID disk signature handling to prevent inadvertent overwriting of disk in failure condition.
- Fixed CSV user and group account export.
- Support longer email addresses in SMTP user and from fields.
- Home share access over FTP now works properly in domain security mode.
- Fixed issue where user names that contain only numbers could not be added to share access restriction fields.
- Fixed a memory leak condition.
- Fixed shares over CIFS/SMB not showing up when Time Machine was running.
- Various fixes and enhancements to ReadyDLNA.
- CIFS service now advertised over Bonjour so the ReadyNAS would show up as “nas-xx-xx-xx (CIFS)”.
- Fixed MGE UPS compatibility.