Insta360 has for its One X2-action cameras released new firmware, with version number 1.0.8. This is a 360-degree camera with a resolution of 6080×3040 pixels for photos or 5.7K at 30fps, 4K at 50fps, or 3K at 100fps for video. The camera can also be connected to the iPhone 8, 11, X, XS, XR and SE or an Android device with USB-OTG, based on a SOC such as the Qualcomm 845 / Kirin 980 / Exynos 9810 or later. The changes in this update are summarized as follows:
- Insta360 ONE X2 now has multilingual support. Languages supported are: (简体中文；繁體中文；English；日本語；Deutsch；Español；Português；한국어；Русский；Français；Italiano）
- You can now shoot Nightlapses. Timelapses that are optimized for night shooting. The camera will automatically set the exposure according to lighting, the longest exposure time is approx. 2 seconds.
- You can now mute videos while previewing them in-camera.
- Fixes an issue where InstaPano HDR photos did not preview as intended.
- Fixes an issue where the GPS remote Bluetooth wake up didn’t work, was disconnecting when switching modes, and did not automatically shut down after the camera was turned off.
- Fixes an issue where the preview displayed did not match the chosen aspect ratio in Steady Cam mode.
- Fixes an issue where occaisonal crashes happen when recording 360 HDR video.
- Fixes an issue where occaisonaly crashes would happen when searching for AirPods.
- Quick Capture is now faster.
- UI elements have been improved.
- Swiping on the settings menu is now smoother.
- General stability improvements.