Apple has released version 7.4 of the software that runs on the Apple Watch. Updating the Apple Watch must be done through the app on the iPhone; instructions for that are on this page to find. Version 7 of watchOS adds sleep tracking, among other things, and there is a ‘wind down’ option for the optimal time to go to bed, with Do Not Disturb mode going on. The main changes and improvements made in this release are listed below:
watchOS 7.4 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:
- Ability to unlock your iPhone X and later with Apple Watch when you attempt to use Face ID while wearing a face mask
- Option to classify Bluetooth device type in Settings for correct identification of headphones for audio notifications
- Ability to stream audio and video content from Apple Fitness+ workouts to AirPlay 2-enabled TVs and devices
- Support for the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Australia and Vietnam
- Support for irregular heart rhythm notifications in Australia and Vietnam
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website.