Shotcut is a comprehensive open source and cross platform video editing program for Windows, Linux and macOS. It uses FFmpeg and therefore has support for the most common audio and video formats. The files are not imported, but are edited in their original format. It can handle different tracks and a mix of formats and resolutions can be used within a project. Version 22.10.22 of Shotcut has been released with the following changes and improvements:
New Bugs in Previous Version 22.09.23
- Fixed translations not updated.
- Fixed crash in Size, Position & Rotate filter when size approaches zero, for example when editing a size numeric field.
- Fixed bitrate in some Export presets such as VP8, VP9, D10, and XDCAM.
- Fixed Timeline > Lift and Delete not working with no clip selected.
- Fixed Transition > Properties resets the Invert and Softness options.
- Fixed an incorrect timecode appears at 2 minutes in 24 or 23.98 fps.
- Fixed Timeline > Select Clip Above and Select Clip Below not working with no clip selected.
- Fixed incorrect resulting aspect ratio when changing Export > Video > Resolution and pixel aspect ratio is not square.
- Fixed Properties > Measure Video Quality on Windows.
- Fixed Fade Out Video filter not working after trimming the in point.
- Fixed updating an animation Properties > Duration after changed in Glaxnimate.
- Fixed ripple trim on the in point of a clip that is at the very beginning (00:00:00:00) of the Timeline.
- Fixed adjusting keyframes of the second clip when trimming the in point of a transition.
- Fixed Keyframes UI when using Timeline > Trim Clip In menu item/action/shortcut (not interactive trim).
- Fixed opening a MLT XML file with a % in its path or name.
- Fixed keyframes after an undo and redo upon making a transition while trimming the in point of a clip.
Improvements and Changes
- Finished the menu technology updates (marker context, rich text editor) that were mostly done in v22.09.23.
- Added icons for the 360 video filters.
- Performance improvement in Timeline for when there is opaque clip on a track above another clip.
- Disallow allow adding Filters to a device or live input since this is not working and could interfere with integrity of capture.
- Increased the maximum values in the Mask: Simple Shape > Horizontal and Vertical video filter.
- Changing Timeline > Zoom no longer pauses playback.
|Windows 7, Linux, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11