The sixth release candidate of Wine version 5.0 has been released. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API and allows you to run DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and macOS. A large group of developers contribute to Wine and it has been decided to release a new so-called development version every two weeks instead of waiting for a number of new functions to be ready. A stable edition is published a few times a year. The database with applications that work under Wine, with or without the help of minor adjustments, contains 26,845 titles at the time of writing. The following improvements have been made to this release candidate:
What’s new in version 5.0:
- Gecko update, with support for running from a global location.
- Unicode data updated to Unicode version 12.1.
- Initial version of the MSADO (ActiveX Data Objects) library.
- Update installation support in the WUSA (Windows Update Standalone) tool.
- More progress on the kernel32/kernelbase restructuring.
- Support for signing with ECDSA keys.
Bugs fixed in 5.0-rc6 (total 21):
- 20465: Brothers In Arms Hell’s Highway : Setup asks for DVD for every .cab file (SetupPromptForDiskA/W should only show a dialog if the file doesn’t exist)
- 37598: Double dark line inside default button, eg ‘OK’ / ‘SAVE’
- 41459: 32bit 7zFM.exe closes unexpectedly with error “The system cannot allocate the required amount of memory”
- 43271: Tomb Raider (2013) – unable to use interact key with CSMT
- 43272: Crash after click Start button in virtual desktop mode when using Steam
- 44408: Tetris for Windows has wrong colors for the game pieces and the score box
- 44594: MindManager Pro v7.0 shows XML processing error on startup (needs support for ‘exhaustive-errors’, ‘external-general-entities’ and ‘external-parameter-entities’ features in MSXML SAX reader)
- 44664: The Five Cores – distorted rendering
- 45732: Far Cry 5 Cannot Steer Land Vehicles
- 46036: 7-Zip: Endless / infinite dialogs open when you copy a selection of directories from within one .zip file into another
- 46361: Sonic Mania freezes/crashes when we use a gamepad on 4.0+
- 46616: ABBYY FineReader 14 crashes during installation
- 47433: Accel World vs. Sword Art Online needs WTSRegisterSessionNotificationEx() to return true.
- 47923: kernel32:debugger tests sometimes fail on Windows 10
- 48335: Serious Sam Classic TFE/TSE crash on saving the game
- 48416: wine: Call from 0x7bc7b154 to unimplemented function api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll.RtlInstallFunctionTableCallback, aborting
- 48444: Dark Messiah of Might and Magic demo: crash on start
- 48452: The Witcher Enhanced Edition (GOG) some HUD graphics distorted starting wine 5.0-rc4
- 48454: Acrobat Reader 11 crashes a few seconds after startup
- 48458: Changes to scanf.c and scanf.h have resulted in Star Citizen incorrectly showing green lighting
- 48469: Pale Moon crashes when loading web page from address bar
|Version number||5.0 RC6|
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, macOS, Solaris|