Javacool Software has released version 4.5 of SpywareBlaster. While programs such as Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D focus on removing spyware present on the PC, SpywareBlaster tries to prevent malware from nesting on the PC. The program does this by blocking installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, tracking cookies and dialers. SpywareBlaster is free for private use; a contribution is only requested for the automatic update function. The changelog of this release shows the following changes and improvements:
New in this version:
- Added Pale Moon browser support.
- Improved support for the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox.
- Improved support for certain non-standard user account configurations.
- Improved installer experience on Windows Vista/7.
- Fixed rare updating issues.
- Numerous other bug fixes, optimizations, and tweaks.
- Flock browser support was removed in this release. The Flock browser is no longer actively maintained or supported by its makers.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008|