Microsoft has released version 0.60.1 of PowerToys. The PowerToys are a collection of small programs for power users. There were PowerToys for Windows 95 and Windows XP, and since mid-2019 Microsoft has also been developing a version for Windows 10 and higher. The PowerToys currently consist of awake, Color picker, Fancy Zones, File Explorer Addons, Image Resizer, KeyboardManager, PowerRename, Power Toys Run, Shortcut Guide and the Video Conference Mute. The changelog for this release shows the following changes and improvements.
This is a patch release to fix issues in v0.60.0 to fix a few bugs we deemed important for stability based on incoming rates. See v0.60.0 for full release notes.
- #19253 – Updated the Microsoft Store submission of PowerToys to not show UI while installing.
- #19023 – Fixed a bug causing FancyZones to not apply templates correctly when more than one monitor shared the same serial number.
- #19233 – Fixed the incompatibility not allowing the PowerRename and ImageResizer Windows 11 tier 1 context menus being shown on development insider builds.
- #19219 – The old context menus are now shown on Windows 11 as well, to account for configurations where other third party software might be overriding the Windows 11 context menus.
- #19263 – Fixed a bug making the Find My Mouse overlay hang when activated in the top left corner of the screen.
- #19223 – The FancyZones Editor should no longer crash on configurations where monitors are not detected connected to display devices.
|Windows 10, Windows 11