Version 6.1.0 of Caliber has been released. This open source ebook manager is available for Windows, Linux and macOS. Among other things, it can look up all relevant information and cover images, and convert e-books to make them suitable for the various types of e-readers. Furthermore, the program can convert newspapers, magazines and news articles based on RSS feeds into e-book format. Books can also be purchased with Caliber from the well-known webshops.
In version 6.0 among other things, the switch to Qt 6 has been made. However, this means that the program only works on computers equipped with a 64-bit processor and a minimum of Windows 10 or macOS 11 is required. Furthermore, it is now possible to search all books in the library instead of just the current book, and there are also versions for Arm and Apple Silicon processors. The following changes and improvements have also been made in this first update:
- Full text search: Add a button to re-index a book, useful if the book’s contents have been changed outside caliber
- Search queries now support quoting using “docstrings” for easier escaping
- Linux installer: Check for libEGL as the QtGui module in Qt 6 links against it and many Linux servers dont have it installed
- macOS: Blacklist older versions of the DeDRM plugin as they caused crashes and failures to add books.
- Fix a regression in 6.0 that caused crashes in the Manage authors dialog. Close tickets: 1981453.
- Fix a regression in 6.0 that broke touch screen interaction
- Fix a regression in 6.0 that caused a few checkboxes to stop working. Close tickets: 1981627.
- Linux: Fix a regression in 6.0 that broke handling of mouse clicks on some Wayland systems with a touchpad. Close tickets: 1981629.
- ToC Editor: Fix a regression in 6.0 that broke styling/images in the preview panel
- Windows: Fix window titlebars not dark in dark mode
- Full text search: Show a warning when indexing/searching a library on an FAT drive
- News download: Do not add aborted/failed article titles to the comments metadata
- Full text search: Fix books edited with the Edit book tool not being automatically re-indexed
- HTML Input: Fix handling of deeply nested files on Windows. Close tickets: 1981438.
- Fix a regression preventing using a non-integer value for the tweak to change book details font size. Close tickets: 1981188.
- Fix moving library not moving the full text search index
- Fix some custom icons in the caliber config directory not overriding the theme/builtin icons
- Linux installer: Fix glibc version check also being done when installing older versions
- Windows installer: Refuse to install on Windows 8 as thanks to Qt 6 caliber 6 does not work on Windows 8
- Update the BigBookSearch metadata plugin for website changes
Improved news sources
- The Economic TimesIndia
|Linux, macOS, Windows 10, Windows 11