Synology has released the second update for Disk Station Manager version 7.1. Synology DSM is the management software that runs on several of the company’s NAS products. The Disk and Rack Stations offer more than just extra storage space. For example, additional packages can be installed to allow the device to function as a media server, web server, print server or backup server, for example. The possibilities are endless.
Before version 7.1 can be installed, at least version 7.0 must be present. Furthermore, 7.1 is only suitable for the NAS models whose type number ends with 13 or higher. Version 7.1 will also be the last update for models ending in 13, 14 or 15. For the other conditions and the different downloads, see this page† Few changes that are important to home users have been made in version 7.1. The necessary changes and improvements have been made for the heavier models and the NAS that are used in business environments. The changelog for this release can be found below.
- Your Synology NAS may not notify you of this DSM update because of the following reasons. If you want to update your DSM to this version now, please click here to manually update it. Only Synology NAS with DSM 7.1 installed can be updated to this version.
- The update is not available in your region yet. The update is expected to be available for all regions within the next few days, although the time of release in each region may vary slightly.
- Your DSM is working fine without having to update. The system evaluates service statuses and system settings to determine whether it needs to update to this version.
- This update will restart your Synology NAS.
Compatibility & Installation
- When an SSD’s firmware version doesn’t support the SMART test, the system will disable related functions.
- Fixed an issue where the out-of-band port couldn’t function properly when users configured Link Aggregation with only the ports on the external network card.
|Version number||7.1 build 42661 Update 2|