Synology has released an update for version 6.2.2 of Disk Station Manager. Synology DSM is the management software that runs on various nas products of the company. The Disk and Rack Stations offer more than just extra storage space. In this way, backups of all clients on the network can be made and files can be downloaded via http, ftp, bittorrent, usenet and emule, so that, for example, energy-greedy PCs can be switched off at night while the download is just coming in. Furthermore, audio and video files can be streamed over the network via the built-in iTunes server, a dynamic website can be hosted using PHP and MySQL and the device can function as a print server.
To be able to install version 6.2.2, at least version 6.0 must be present. Furthermore, it is only suitable for the nas models where the type number ends with 11 or higher. Look for the other conditions and the various downloads on this page. In version 6.2 few changes have been made that are important for home users. For the heavier models and the axles that are used in business environments, the necessary changes and improvements have been made. The changelog for this release looks like this:
- The update is expected to be available for all regions within the next few days, although the time of release in each region may vary slightly.
- This update will restart your Synology NAS.
- Fixed the issue where the LED indicators on the drive slots of DS118, DS218, DS218play, DS418, DS418j, and RS819 might not work properly.
- Fixed the issue where the certificate might not work properly when the renewal has failed.
- Fixed the issue where manually renewed certificates may not be applied to certain services.
- Fixed a security vulnerability regarding Net-SNMP (CVE-2018-18066).
- Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities regarding Nginx (Synology-SA-19: 33).
- Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities (Synology-SA-19: 37).
|Version number||6.2.2 build 24922-4|
|License type||Conditions (GNU / BSD / etc.)|