iOS 12 is cool. It makes your iPhone and iPad faster, more stable and it brings with it some interesting new functions. Unfortunately, it also happens that a major update brings the necessary problems. What you can do is downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11.
iOS 12 downgrade
Do you want to go from iOS 12 to iOS 11? Then you should not wait too long; usually, it can downgrade to about two weeks after the iOS release. This means that you have until 1 October to go back to iOS 11.
Back to iOS 11 in 7 steps
Downgrading your iPhone or iPad may sound complicated, but it is not too bad. In seven steps we explain how to put iOS 11.4.1 on your device, the latest and most stable version of iOS 11.
- Open iTunes on your Mac or Windows computer and ensure that the latest version of iTunes is installed. Go to the website ipsw.me . Click on ‘iPhone’ or ‘iPad’ and choose the model you have. Next to one of the green checkmarks you see iOS 11.4.1. Click on it and choose ‘Download’. You are now downloading an iOS 11.4.1 IPSW file that you will need later. Is there no green checkmark next to iOS 11.4.1? Then unfortunately this means that it is no longer possible to restore to iOS 11.
- Disable “Find my iPhone”. Open the Settings app, tap on your name at the top and choose ‘iCloud> Find my iPhone’. Set the switch behind ‘Find my iPhone’ or ‘Find my iPad’ to white and enter your Apple ID.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer with your Lightning cable. Open iTunes and click on the iPhone or iPad icon at the top.
- Click on ‘Restore iPhone’ while holding down the Option key. With a Windows computer, keep the Shift button pressed in.
- Select the iOS 11.4.1 IPSW file you downloaded in step 2 and choose “Open.”
- Start the installation by clicking on “Restore” ‘ to click. Your iPhone or iPad will now go back to iOS 11.