The first release candidate of Wine version 6.0 has appeared. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API and allows you to run DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and macOS. A large group of developers contribute to Wine and it has been decided to release a new so-called development version every two weeks instead of waiting for a number of new functions to be ready. A stable edition is published a few times a year. The database with applications that work under Wine, with or without the help of minor adjustments, contains 27,850 titles at the time of writing. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
What’s new in this release:
- Gecko engine update.
- WindowsCodecs and QCap libraries converted to PE.
- Faster font initialization at process start.
- Support for named pipes with empty names.
Bugs fixed in 6.0-rc1 (total 53):
- 15301: Biliardo 2 installer terminates on launch (32-bit Ghost-based installer uses year 2045 file date for decrypting database, triggering y2038 problem)
- 21881: iScreensaver Designer 3.5 crashes
- 28089: exception handling code touches stack for exceptions handled by the debugger
- 28332: Wazzal 1.2 (2002 release) crashes after clicking ‘Play’
- 33310: Minimizing window erases chess board in Shredder Classic 4 Windows
- 33996: Multiple installers fail in VBScript custom actions due to missing support of Properties with Parameters (IncrediMail, LabChart Reader 8, Toad for MySQL Freeware 7.x)
- 34770: Some WMI applications fail when incorrectly passing WBEM_MASK_CONDITION_ORIGIN to IWbemClassObject::GetNames method
- 35272: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (Steam) crashing to desktop within graphics autoconf.
- 40146: Mein Verein 2016 Trial fails to install
- 42095: winamp: skins don’t change unless app is restarted
- 42623: Changing current dir ~/.wine crashes Far Manager
- 42741: Multiple Blizzard games fail to launch (StarCraft I & II, Diablo III, Heroes of the Storm)
- 43567: Vietcong – game crashes during radiocalls (‘kernel32.GetTickCount’ clobbers ECX)
- 44061: Destiny 2 crashes on launch (needs non-zero TimeDateStamp field in PE file header)
- 44435: Call of Duty WWII crash
- 44502: Epic Games Launcher (Fortnight 7.x) reports ‘Error: Initialization failed while advising the language notification sink to the TSF source.
- (0x80004001)’ (unsupported ITfActiveLanguageProfileNotifySink)
- 44524: skyrim keypad 0~9,’*’,’/’ is not working causing some shortcut not work.
- 44882: Call of Duty Infinite Warfare crashes after Splash-Screen with a Direct-X Error
- 45383: Xanadu Next: movies not working (avi/MPEG-4 (XviD))
- 45510: Sentinel HASP Runtime v6.6-7.8 driver installer reports Windows error 1053 when starting the 32-bit hardlock kernel driver service (custom imports resolver fails to locate some ntoskrnl exports)
- 46028: Provide separate debug/symbol info files (.pdb) for 32-bit and 64-bit Wine-Gecko 2.47+ package (unstripped 32-bit ‘xul.dll’ too large to be mapped)
- 46216: Multiple games need ThreadEnableAlignmentFaultFixup (Lords of the Fallen, Batman: Arkham Knight, Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst)
- 46236: Far 3.0 x64 crashes starting from build 5200
- 46237: Far 3.0 x86 crashes starting from build 5288
- 47950: Ys: Memories of Celceta crashes on launch
- 48545: SDL GameControllerAddMapping registry keys do not work
- 49116: Multiple installers using “mbahost.dll” crash due to method invocation on CCW class interface (Windows 10 1903 SDK (10.0.18362.0), SQL Server Management Studio, Raid Shadow Legends)
- 49437: Segmentation fault (core dumped) even on winecfg or wineconsole on FreeBSD
- 49969: Videos are not synced in X3 Reunion
- 49975: Battlefield 1, 4 and V not start from with wine-staging 5.17 on
- 50031: The Foundation Game crashes with bundled ucrtbase
- 50037: wineconsole and mingw64 gdb.exe and keyboard input
- 50080: Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box crashes between intros
- 50094: Rockstar Games Launcher installer hyperlinks don’t work
- 50096: Performance Regression in Secondhand Lands
- 50105: New Vegas Heap Replacer crashes with “Call from 0x7bc91c09 to unimplemented function d3dx9_38.dll.D3DXMatrixMultiply”
- 50134: Steam terminates/crashes in clean prefix.
- 50154: Allow using SDL_GAMECONTROLLERCONFIG to configure SDL controller mappings
- 50160: VstHost crashes on unimplemented function avrt.dll.AvSetMmMaxThreadCharacteristicsA
- 50163: Multiple applications crash with a stack overflow (Mod Organizer 2, World of Tanks, SWTOR, Audacity)
- 50169: Regression: Microsoft Flight Simulator X hangs on startup (bisected)
- 50171: 32-bit PE entry point no longer called through BaseThreadInitThunk() assembly wrapper when Wine is built with LLVM MinGW
- 50176: Tracing with ‘msvcrt’ debug channel causes any application to fail with stack overflow in Wine 5.22
- 50179: Future Pinball: parse_hex_literal invalid literal
- 50188: Audacity fails to start
- 50189: Multiple 64-bit applications crash with Wine MinGW PE build due to violation of Windows 64-bit ABI (RSP must be 16-byte aligned when making a call to Win64 API)
- 50192: Python “import sys” crashes with Unhandled exception
- 50197: cmd and winedbg: Unable to insert some chars (*, _) with de-adnw keyboard layout
- 50204: wineserver from Wine 5.22-195-gcbca9f847f6 debug dumps NLS object information on shutdown
- 50206: Cinebench R23 needs dcomp.dll
- 50213: Summer Pockets (demo) complains about timezone settings.
- 50236: Multiple console applications using WriteFile() to write to console don’t show any output since Wine 5.22 (winepath)
- 50240: CLR console applications loop output infinitely
|Version number||6.0 RC 1|
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, macOS, Solaris|