A new development build of Wine has been released with version number 1.7.23. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API. The software makes it possible to run DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris, among others. A large group of developers contribute to Wine and it has been decided to release a new so-called development version every two weeks, instead of waiting for a number of new functions to be ready. A stable edition is published a few times a year. The database with applications that work under Wine, with or without the help of minor adjustments, contains exactly 21,469 titles at the time of writing. Below you will find what has been changed and improved in this release.
What’s new in this release:
- Better support for files drag & drop.
- Improvements to the HTTP cookie management.
- Initial support for 64-bit Android builds.
- Fixes to crypto certificate management.
Bugs fixed in 1.7.23 (total 42):
- 16465: “Trial” button doesn’t show in main menu of Nick’s “Diego’s Wolf Pup Rescue”
- 16940: Adobe InDesign CS4 (version 6) crashes on launch
- 18065: Certain keyboard buttons not working in Operation Flashpoint and Fallout (2 and 3)
- 19432: Icy Tower 1.4 crashes when moving its window
- 21712: Stem Cell engine Oil Platform Demo hangs without displaying anything
- 21877: Dark Age of Camelot patcher crashes from page fault
- 23374: Strange Cases: The Lighthouse Mysteries crashes
- 28557: Notepad++ does not receive drag+drop files in KDE, seems to work in GNOME
- 29449: USPS shipping assistant version 3.8 won’t start (Microsoft SQL Server Compact database metadata incorrectly decrypted, enh. RSA AES-128 provider)
- 29908: Win7 File Open dialog fails to fill in the OPENFILENAME structure
- 30927: Alien Shooter crashes when dying, no backtrace
- 30973: Unsupported symbol id warnings when backtracing with Visual C 2010 .pdb files
- 32189: SigmaPlot 11.0 fails to start
- 32313: .Net 2.0 Installation Fail
- 32499: hwcheck.exe from PPTV crashes
- 33109: Desura fails to update
- 33267: Wine not run applications and scram the incons do Xfce.
- 33742: UPlay 3.x/4.x needs native crypt32
- 34563: Regression: rFactor 2 ModMgr.exe buttons not working properly
- 35326: Reason 7.0.1 needs ‘d2d1.dll’
- 35441: VBScript CInt can’t convert strings to integers
- 35472: E-Transcript Bundle Viewer 6.x installer uses VBScript MsgBox function with optional arguments
- 35473: Microsoft Word Viewer 2003 crashes on unimplemented function t2embed.dll.TTDeleteEmbeddedFont when opening Word 201x documents
- 35742: Drakensang: The Dark Eye demo crashes with unimplemented function d3dx9_36.dll.D3DXCreateTorus
- 35776: Crysis is extremely slow in Wine 1.7.14
- 35966: postgresql 9.3.4-3 fails to install (cscript/vbscript)
- 36004: wininet/http tests crash with WINEDEBUG=warn+heap
- 36128: valgrind shows a leak in programs/wineconsole/registry.c
- 36314: valgrind shows a leak in psapi/tests/psapi_main.c
- 36512: client_rzrq.exe from AnXin crash when using the new style interface.
- 36545: REAPER 4.x crashes on exit
- 36601: valgrind shows a definite leak in wininet/tests/internet.c
- 36723: SolidEdge ST6 crashes on startup, needs bcrypt.dll.BCryptCloseAlgorithmProvider
- 36731: Runes of Magic ‘ClientUpdater.exe’ crashes after a number of update cycles (mshtml environment setup contains stack buffer overflow)
- 36741: Windows Live Writer 14.0.x fails to detect blog settings (HTMLMetaElement_get_charset is a stub)
- 36765: AES 128 works different on “Win7” and on “Wine win7”
- 36787: Gex 3D renders very slowly since Wine 1.7.14
- 36802: warn:winmm:get_mmioFromProfile can’t find SystemSound
- 36823: Rift (Steam) launcher/patcher needs kernel32.GetGeoInfoA ‘GEO_ISO2’ support (ISO 2-letter country/region code)
- 36860: Molot VST stop working in Wine 1.7.20
- 36886: ST visual develop 4.3.0: crash when new workplace and project name is entered and OK is pressed
- 36890: DAEMON Tools Ultra 1.x/2.x virtual driver installer ‘dtinst.exe’ crashes on unimplemented function setupapi.dll.SetupDiSetClassInstallParamsW
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, Solaris|