Version 2.1.3 of the open source forum software Simple Machines Forum has been released. The package requires at least version 7.0 of php and database MySQL 5.6 or higher, or PostgreSQL 9.6. Since version 2.1 there is a new one wysiwygeditor, messages can be saved as drafts and mentions can be used. The most important changes we have made in version 2.1.3 are listed below for you:
Notable changes in SMF 2.1.3
- Unicode support enhancements – SMF unicode support now matches the latest published standard, Unicode 15, published in Sept 2022. Staying current is important for proper capitalization across alphabets, and also with non-printable character detection.
- Attachments enhancement – Honor SMF-specified attachment limitations. SMF was restricting attachment uploads based on the underlying php configuration; however, given the .js approach used, this limitation did not apply.
- Attachments enhancement – Automatically delete inserted img tags when the corresponding attachments are deleted.
- Notification enhancement – Cleanup unread notifications after post approvals, after closing moderation reports, and after unlikes.
- Notification enhancement – Cleanup unread orphan alerts, created by message or topic deletions or permission changes.
- Notification enhancement – Cleanup unread quote and mention alerts if they were removed during a post edit.
- Upgrader enhancements – Issue warnings if attachment or avatar directories are not found. Also, a new option was added to allow the user to rerun the attachment conversion.
- Enhanced time zone support – SMF now supports all current time zones.
- Attachments bug – Fixed a bug where attachments might disappear with a “Not a Valid Attachment ID” message.
- Notification bug – Fixed a bug where the alert count displayed was incorrect.
- Email bug – Fixed a bug where emails with a mail type of PHP did not work properly in PHP 8.x in linux environments. (SMTP was OK.)
- Postgresql support – Fixed numerous issues causing mod installs to behave differently across Postgresql and MySQL. It is much easier now to develop a mod that supports both.
- Fixed a bug where PHP 8.1 was being persnickety and did not like implicit float to int conversions.
- Fixed a bug where the sql_mode was not being properly set in MySQL 8.x. This would result in slightly different DB query behavior across MySQL 5.x and MySQL 8.x.
- Fixed a bug where explicitly “Not Following” a topic resulted in it showing up in your unread list, and not going away…
- Improved support for spaces in URLs… Not per any RFC or spec, but SMF supported them in 2.0, so that support should have been carried forward to 2.1…
- Fixed a bug where errors appeared in the SMF error log when crawlers attempted to access now-moved avatars. During the 2.1 migration, avatars and attachments may be relocated; external crawlers referencing defunct links should not generate SMF errors.
- Fixed a bug in Postgresql syntax when deleting fulltext indexes.
- Fixed a bug where “Trying to access array offset on value of type null” showed up in the log.
- Fixed a bug where the editor would drop links if copied and pasted.
- Fixed a bug where right-to-left languages could not be specified and displayed properly.
- Fixed a bug where sorting PMs did not work properly.
- Fixed a bug where the BBC url setting erroneously affected signature and topic behavior.
- Fixed a bug where hidden members were hidden from admins, too…
- Fixed a bug where the wrong icon was used for profile links in PMs.
- Fixed a bug where robot_no_index might be set incorrectly, potentially affecting SEO.
- Fixed a bug with CORS headers were not being built properly.
- Fixed a bug where custom themes might load empty styles.
- Fixed a bug where permissions were not properly retained when boards were moved. Moved boards might disappear…
- Fixed a bug with using wildcards in IP tracking.
- Fixed multiple errors with caching – better reporting of the cache engine not loading, and better handling when not getting a hit on cached info.
- Improved edits on profile info, eg, website urls too long.
- Fixed a bug where page numbers in lengthy lists might show decimals…
- Improved the message when verification questions were missing.
- Enhanced support for passwords for myBB converted users.
- Fixed an upgrader bug where 1.1 migrations might fail with Too few arguments to function smf_mysql_insert_id().
- Numerous minor enhancements and tweaks to layout.
|Operating systems||Script language|
|Website||Simple Machines Forum|
|License type||Prerequisites (GNU/BSD/etc.)|