Version 15 of PostgreSQL has been released. This popular ‘open source relational database management system’ runs on a large number of operating systems and can therefore be used in various environments. It is a derivative of Postgreswhich in turn is inspired by Ingres, after its main developer started his own business and this database went from open source to closed source. Extensive information about the changes in version 15 can this page are being found. The complete changelog is available herethese are the main improvements in short:
PostgreSQL 15 contains many new features and enhancements, including:
- Support for the SQL MERGE command.
- Selective publication of tables’ contents within logical replication publications, through the ability to specify column lists and row filter conditions.
- More options for compression, including support for Zstandard (zstd) compression. This includes support for performing compression on the server side during pg_basebackup.
- Support for structured server log output using the JSON format.
- Performance improvements, particularly for in-memory and on-disk sorting.
|BSD, macOS, Solaris, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, Windows 11