Microsoft has released version 106 of Edge. This Chromium-based browser is available for Windows 7 and above, Linux and macOS. There are also versions for Android and iOS. In this release, which is being rolled out over several days, Microsoft has enabled the new Defender SmartScreen library by default, which should improve security, and made improvements to the search and address bar. The full changelog for this release can be found below.
- More reliable web defense. Browse the web with more reliable protection thanks to the rewritten Microsoft Defender Smart Screen library for Microsoft Edge on Windows, which was introduced in Microsoft Edge version 103. The NewSmartScreenLibraryEnabled policy is now deprecated in Microsoft Edge version 106 and will be obsolete in Microsoft Edge version 107.
- Increased Work Results in the Microsoft Edge address bar. We’ve increased the maximum number of work results that display in the address bar from 2 to 4, which offers greater visibility into the work content available to you as you search. This feature requires the AddressBarMicrosoftSearchInBingProviderEnabled policy enabled to work.
- EfficiencyModeEnabled – Efficiency mode enabled
- EfficiencyModeOnPowerEnabled – Enable efficiency mode when the device is connected to a power source
- InternetExplorerIntegrationAlwaysUseOSCapture – Always use the OS capture engine to avoid issues with capturing Internet Explorer mode tabs
- NewSmartScreenLibraryEnabled – Enable new SmartScreen library
- ShadowStackCrashRollbackBehavior – Configure ShadowStack crash rollback behavior
- OutlookHubMenuEnabled -Allow users to access the Outlook menu
- EdgeDiscoverEnabled – Discover feature In Microsoft Edge
|Windows 7, Linux, macOS, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019, Windows 11