Media Player Classic (MPC) is an open source media player for Windows platform developed by the writer of VobSub. The program is able to play DVD movies, display subtitles and has many different options to set the picture as perfect as possible. In addition, it is possible to play these formats using Real Media and Quicktime codecs without having to install the original player. Recently version 18.104.22.168 was released with the following changelog:
- built-in mpeg1/mpeg2 decoder (also for dvds)
- file open dialog will open all files from the current directory when the “open” button is pressed without choosing any file.
- new column for app command buttons at options/player/keys
- logo chooser
- fixed two annoying bugs in the avi and matroska splitters
- avi splitter integrated and is favored over dshow’s own, turn it off if you have problems with it (you shouldn’t have much).
- lists ogm and matroska chapters under the “jump to” submenu.
- dx9 renderer for quicktime.
- styles of the currently active text subtitle stream are editable (useful if you want to change something for embedded subs).
- “properties” added to the right click menu.
- the built-in shoutcast filter will now automatically try to resync itself (for live streams), report if crashes too much.
- renewed logo, hope you’ll get used to it
- playlist no longer steals the focus after opening a new file
- The latest realmedia filters was added onto the list of built-in filters, of course the splitter can be disabled in the options just like the others already.
- The opener api can be selected for each format categories in the options. The selections are dshow, real, qt, shockwave. This is usefull if you want to have a realmedia file or some old .mov loaded by the dshow filters instead of with thier native libraries.
- Recognizes the language codes set by the latest matroska splitter on the subtitle tracks.
- Added a workaround fix against a possible ~30 seconds lockup during the opening of a video when using the vmr7 renderless output.
- updated matroska filters and the subtitle support for embeded matroska subtitles.
- fixed shoutcast reader, some sites refused the connection with the used “User-Agent” in the header.
|Operating systems||Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP|