Yesterday version 0.102b, or ‘Gradius 4’, of MAME was released. MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator and is capable of emulating a bunch of old arcade games and consoles. Please note that most ROM images are copyrighted, so you must have an original copy at home before you can play it with MAME. The changelog of this release looks like this:
- Fixed a few more remaining issues from the 0.101u1 update.
- Fixed some bad tiles in naname.
- Fixed music tempo in TNK3/TANK
- Began adding support for SCRIPTS programs to the 53C810 emulation.
- Fixed inputs in Passing Shot (Japan).
- Added some missing sounds to Wonder Stick and Search Eye.
- Fixed status flag from MCU in Taito SJ games, fixing the last digit of the score in Front Line.
- Many fixes to the SHARC core and Konami PPC drivers.
- Updated the discrete thump sound in Asteroids to use component values instead of derived equations.
- Added Tilemap0 color banking to esd16.
- Fixed save/restore of 8253 PIT. Also several updates to Top Gunner:
- Removed shift register since it just seems to be needed to compensate for different DAC speeds
- Added 8254 PIT from PC emulation
- Added state saving
- Fixed bug in PSX GTE flag settings.
- Fixed 6502 initialization so that all internal states are reset properly.
- Changed the makefile so that debug objects are not compiled on non-debug builds.
- Marked most gfx_layout and gfx_decode structures in the code as const.
- Fixed handling of the FR bit in the Status register on MIPS3. This fixes a few problems in CarnEvil, and probably affects a few other games as well.
- Also fixed bug where TLB exceptions were not filling in the Context and EntryHi registers correctly.
- Removed ROMREGION_SOUNDONLY. Since -nosound no longer disables sound CPUs or sound cores (and hasn’t for a while), failing to load sound ROMs was only leading to crashes.
- Implemented pixel-accurate dithering in the Voodoo emulation.
- Renamed my_stricmp to mame_stricmp, converted all uses of stricmp in the code to call mame_stricmp, and #defined stricmp to something invalid to prevent code from using it in the future.
- Fixed implementation of mame_strictmp.
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status:
- Jockey Grand Prix
- Grade 4: Fukkatsu
- See See Find Out
- Bang Bang Car
- D Day (Jaleco)
New clones added:
- Touch & Go (newer revision)
- Avengers In Galactic Storm (World)
- Metamorphic Force (ver EAA)
- Rohga v5.0 Asia/Europe
- Rohga v3.0 Asia/Europe (Alt)
- Tricky Doc (Alto)
- Vandyke (Jaleco lic. Alt set)
- Varth – Operation Thunderstorm (World 920714)
- Super Monaco GP (US, Rev B)
- DownTown (Set 2)
- NFL Blitz (boot ROM 1.1)
- Martial Champion (far EAB)
- NBA Play By Play
[break]The following downloads are available:
windows command line version
Windows command line version (Pentium Pro optimized)
|Operating systems||Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, DOS|
|License type||Prerequisites (GNU/BSD/etc.)|