About one month after the release of version 3.0.0 beta 2 in Kerio Personal Firewall’s long line, beta 3 of the aforementioned issue is now also available. Windows 95 users will be left out with this version, but the list of built-in features more than makes up for it:
- enhanced packet filter – define unlimited number of protocols, services, address groups, time intervals, etc.
- firewall can be configured by simply permitting or denying communication to applications – suitable for beginners and less experienced users who do not want to use the advanced packet filter
- Intrusion Detection System – built on the IDS engine used in WinRoute 5.0
- System Security – applications on the desktop protected against being rewritten, modified or misused by other applications, etc. new status reports in the Advanced Admin – traffic chart, MS
- Networking status, etc.
- many enhancements in performance and load on the memory, especially in the kernel part of the engine
- completely re-vamped graphical user interface, simpler for less experienced users; advanced settings for experienced users available through the Advanced Admin>
[break]Download this new version here†
|Version number||3.0.0 beta 3|
|Operating systems||Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP|