ChrisTV has been updated to version 4.60. This program is intended for people with a TV card. For example, it has advanced recording functions, a scheduler and extensive setting options. Support for all TV cards with WDM drivers, including the FM tuner functions, is provided. The software is available in the flavors Lite (free), standard and Professional† The differences in options and price can be this page can be found in a well-arranged table. The changelog of this release shows the following changes:
Changes in version 4.60:
- Added support for FFDShow DirectShow postprocessing filter to improve image quality and more. You can apply this feature in preview mode and live preview mode.
- You can customize MPEG Hardware Encoder settings (like: Stream type, Video Bitrate, Audio Bitrate, Video Frame Size etc.) for TV Cards with Blackbird and Falcon Conexant Chipsets:
- Leadtek PVR 2000
- Prolink Pixelview PlayTV@P7000
- Provideo PV258 Series and others.
- You can use the Image Prefilter settings for Hauppauge PVR 150/250/350/500, TV Cards with Blackbird chipset Leadtek PVR 2000, Pixelview PlayTV@P7000 and others.
- Added basic support for Capture Devices with WIS GO7007SB Chip, Plextor ConvertX PVRs.
- Improved and optimized Timeshift feature for software Capture Devices.
- Scheduler Window has been redesigned for a better usage:
- You can have access to all tasks information at once.
- Scheduler Tasks can be ordered by the time of occurrence.
- The disabled scheduler tasks are marked.
- The next scheduler task that should take place has a colored mark.
- Radio Recording for TV Cards with MPEG Hardware Encoder is available if Live Preview is enabled.
- ChrisTV Settings panel has been reorganized for easier access and better usage.
- You can set the Aspect Ratio Mode for Overlay and VMR9 video rendering modes between:
- stretched (no aspect ratio correction)
- letter box (letter box the video, and the background color will be black in the excess region)
- crop (crop the video to the right aspect ratio)
- Added the feature to control the preview sound level using DirectX Audio interface when “Use TV Card Audio Output through the PCI-bus (instead of Line IN)” option is enabled so it won’t affect the Wave volume.
- Fixed some recording settings option for Hauppauge PVR 150/500.
- Added the option to retune the TV frequency after channel change in case you have sound problems.
- Improved channels and frequency tuning for some tv cards.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
|Operating systems||Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP|