Piriform has released version 6.02 of CCleaner. This program can be used to clean various parts of Windows. This includes temporary Windows and Internet files, but also unnecessary junk from a large number of other programs, including Windows Media Player, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, WinRAR and so on. In addition, the number of programs that CCleaner can clean up the mess can easily be expanded with the CCEnhancer program.
In addition to cleaning, CCleaner can also fix registry and shortcut errors, customize the list of programs that start with Windows, and manage cookies. From this version, the overall condition of the computer can also be tested. In addition to a free version, there is also a pro version, which offers, among other things, an automatic update function. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
Expanding our cleaning
- We’ve added new cleaning for Microsoft Store installations of:
- TikTok, Telegram, Discord & Amazon Prime
- Adobe Acrobat, Dolby access, Microsoft Sticky Notes, Lively Wallpaper
- We’ve improved cleaning for Store installations of:
- Microsoft Todo, iTunes, and Amazon Music
- We’ve stopped Health Check from cleaning Store installations of:
- Telegram, Acrobat Adobe Reader and Discord
Taking the hassle out of PC maintenance
- Skipped driver updates are now grouped in their own list
Helping you to keep your PC running fast and smooth
- We’ve made various improvements to Performance Optimizer
- It’s now clearer when an app is waiting for a Windows restart before it can be placed into Sleep Mode
- Increased size of the program list so you can see more programs at once
- Updated the mouse hover behavior on buttons and list rows to make your experience more intuitive
- Added a helpful explanation of what to expect when you put your first program into ‘sleep mode’
- Added confirmation text if the ‘Active/Sleeping Programs’ lists are empty
- Added confirmation text once you’ve put your programs into ‘sleep mode’ (or ignore)
Simplifying the app
- We fixed an issue in Health Check where ticks were not being displayed
- We’re working on improvements to how you manage your cleaning schedule — watch this space!
- During uninstallation, CCleaner now only removes the files it creates from its install directory
- Fixed default cookies not being set in some installers
- Fixed a rare crash reported by one of our users
Keeping you safe
- Our commitment to keeping the app secure means we frequently close off potential security issues, even if minor.
- In this release we have focused on addressing issues found through static code analysis.
Note about CCleaner Portable
We have paused releases of CCleaner Portable while we resolve a compatibility issue. We aim to have this resolved in v6.03.
|Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11