Version 5.1 of Caliber has been released. This open-source ebook manager is available for Windows, Linux and macOS. Among other things, it can look up all relevant information and cover images, and convert ebooks to make them suitable for the various types of e-readers. Furthermore, the program can convert newspapers, magazines and news articles based on RSS feeds into e-book format. Books can also be purchased with Caliber from well-known web stores. In version 5.0, the switch to Python 3 has been made, various improvements have been made to the e-book viewer and there is now also a dark mode for the e-book viewer and content server. In version 5.1 the following changes and improvements have been made:
- Enhancement: allow using templates in search expressions.
- Viewer lookup panel: Add a checkbox to disable automatic update of lookup when the selected text changes. Closes tickets: 1897435 .
- Viewer: Allow skipping the confirmation when using the remove highlight button in the popup bar. Closes tickets: 1897415 .
- ToC Editor: Fix bulk rename or entries not working. Closes tickets: 1897618 .
- Linux: Fix right clicking on system tray icon not working. Closes tickets: 1897571 .
- Fix User category based searches unreliable dues to caching issues. Closes tickets: 1897356 .
- PDF Output: Dont fail if the input document has an html file identified as the cover.
- Catalog generation: Fix a regression that broke generating catalogs if books with no comments are present. Closes tickets: 1897467 .
- Windows: Fix error on first run of caliber after install / upgrade. Closes tickets: 1897314 .
- Viewer: Fix copy to clipboard button in toolbar not working.
- Viewer: Fix copy to clipboard not copying text as HTML to clipboard in addition to plain text. Closes tickets: 1897297 .
- macOS: Fix some drop down menus such as in the ToC editor and cover generation in the Edit metadata dialog not working. Closes tickets: 1897409 .
|Operating systems||Linux, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|