Version 7.8.8 of Notepad ++ has been released. This extensive text editor has several options that are especially useful for programmers, such as syntax highlighting for C, C ++, Java, HTML, XML, and PHP, among others. The program also offers the possibility to edit more than one document at a time or to maintain one document in two different places. If you want to use the latest version, you have to download it yourself. The built-in updater of Notepad ++ offers updates only a week after their appearance, to be able to fix any serious bugs. The following improvements have been made in this release:
Notepad ++ v7.8.8 enhancements & bug fixes:
- Fix accented characters in ANSI files not found in “find in files” and “replace in files” commands issues.
- Add an option to improve rendering special Unicode characters by using Scintilla’s DirectWrite technology.
- Fix URL invisible issue in dark themes.
- Fix the focus not on the opening new file issue.
- Fix Workspace (Project panel), Folder As Workspace and function list keep focus issue after double-clicking an item.
- Add Ctrl + Backspace ability to delete word for combo boxes in Find / Replace dialog.
- Add the ability to find-all in the selected text.
- Fix the wrong treatment of backslashes as escape sequences in autocompletion.
- Enhance the “Remove Empty Lines” command: Allow scope to be limited by an active selection.
- Fix loading of project & session files by drag & drop not working issue.
- Fix block selection cursor wrong positions after typing TAB.
- Add confirmation prompt to “Replace all in all opened documents” command to avoid PBKAC.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016|