The Mozilla Foundation has released version 68.4.1 of Thunderbird, 68.4 has never appeared. Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source client for e-mail and newsgroups, with features such as support for various mail and news accounts, a spam filter, spell check and a customizable appearance.
In version 68 we see for the first time a 64-bit version for Windows and from this version it is now also possible to migrate a 32-bit version to the 64-bit version. Furthermore, the program can be managed through policies within business environments, filters can now be started periodically and multiple folders can be marked ‘read’ at the same time. Made the following changes and improvements in version 68.4.1:
- Various improvements when setting up an account for a Microsoft Exchange server: Now offers IMAP / SMTP if available, better detection for Office 365 accounts; re-run configuration after password change.
- After changing view layout, the message display pane showed garbled content under some circumstances.
- Various security fixes .
- Various theme changes to achieve “pixel perfection”: Unread icon, “no results” icon, paragraph format and font selector, background or folder summary tooltip.
- Tags were lost on messages in shared IMAP folders under some circumstances.
- Calendar: Event attendee dialog was not displayed correctly.
- When upgrading from Thunderbird version 60 to version 68, add-ons are not automatically updated during the upgrade process. However, they will be updated during the add-on update check. It is either possible to re-install compatible add-on via the Add-ons Manager or via addons.thunderbird.net.