QNAP has released an update to version 4.4.2 of the firmware included on various models of its NAS devices. Version 4.4.2 runs on Linux Kernel 4.14 LTS and includes enhanced security. For example, the default password for the admin account is now the MAC address of the NAS. There is also support for Fiber Channel SAN, there is a new Multimedia Console and all apps in the QNAP App Center are digitally signed. The following changes and improvements have been made in this update:
- All NAS models except the TS-X32, TS-531P.
- For the status of QTS updates and maintenance for your NAS model, visit this page†
- To learn more about NAS models that support the TL-D800C, TL-R1200C-RP, TL-D400S, TL-D800S, TL-D1600S, TL-R400S, TL-R1200S-RP, see the Compatibility List
- We have fixed the vulnerabilities in the following apps to ensure your data security: Surveillance Station, QVPN Service, Qfiling, Qsync Central, QcalAgent, and IFTTT Agent. To continue using these apps, go to the App Center and update them to the latest version.
- For more information on the kernel versions for NAS models that QTS 4.4.2 supports, see this page†
- Removed the following applications from App Center due to PHP 7 updates in QTS 4.4.1: “phpEasyProject”, “Dolphin”, “CMS Made Simple”, “Vtiger CRM”, “iStat”, “PostgreSQL 184.108.40.206″, and ” ownCloud”.
- Due to compatibility issues, the following applications have been removed from the App Center in QTS 4.4.1: FileFlex, MantisBT, SugarCRM, Xeams, DokuWiki, and Azure Storage.
- Once you update QTS to 4.4.1 (or later) on the TS-1635AX, you will not be able to downgrade QTS to versions earlier than 4.4.1.
- Removed support for Plex Home Theater from HybridDesk Station.
- Users can now reset their passwords on the QTS login screen with an email address specified in QTS Desktop > Options if they forgot their passwords.
- QTS now supports digital signature to prevent unauthorized changes made to the firmware.
- QTS now verifies the validity of digital signature and notifies users of signature expiration.
- Added support for the QXG-AX200 wireless Wi-Fi adapter.
- VJBOD Cloud now supports the Fiber Channel Protocol (FCP).
- VJBOD Cloud now supports keystone v3 for the SWIFT cloud service.
- CAYIN MediaSign Player is now part of Multimedia Services and can be enabled or disabled in Multimedia Console.
- Users can only create one RAID group on the TR-002/TR-004 when connected to the NAS.
- Syslog Server would be automatically enabled when users updated QTS from 4.4.1 to 220.127.116.112.
- File Station could not correctly sort files or folders named in Simplified Chinese.
- Only the owner of a shared folder could access its files even though other users were granted access permissions if one user had a username containing a whitespace character.
- Non-administrator users could not access the “home” shared folder when Advanced Folder Permissions were enabled.
- Unauthorized users could still try accessing QTS after reaching the maximum number of failed login attempts.
|Version number||18.104.22.1682 build 20200512|