Crucial has released new firmware for the MX100 series solid state drives. To update the firmware, a iso file available to be placed on a CD or USB stick. The update, which Crucial has marked as optional, contains a modest collection of minor improvements and bug fixes. The release notes for firmware version MU02 can be found below.
Firmware Update MU02
Firmware for the MX100 (all form factors) is being updated from version MU01 to MU02. The MX100 is updateable to this new firmware starting from previous versions using tools provided by Micron.
This update will be mandatory cut-in for new product built in Micron factories, and is an OPTIONAL update for any drive in the field. For end users, it is recommended if the user is experiencing or wishes to prevent an issue related to the following items.
Version MU02 includes the following changes:
- Improved stability, Efficiency, and Performance during power state transitions
- Improved handling of environments with unstable power supplies
- Improved handling of environments with SATA interface signal integrity issues
- Improved response time for SMART read commands
- Corrected error handling NCQ Trim Commands
- Corrected reporting or SMART Attribute 5
Additional details can be found in the firmware guide