Asus has released new firmware for the RT-AC66U. This router can provide clients with network access both wired and wireless. The 802.11ac standard is supported wirelessly, with speeds up to 1.3Gbit/s. There are also two USB ports, so that a printer or external storage can be shared over the network. The new firmware has version number 220.127.116.11.372 and the changelog shows the following changes and improvements:
1. Fixed AiCloud vulnerability related bugs.
2. Underline “_” can now be acceptable in device name and computer name.
3. Hide Broadcast option in PPTP VPN server when it is disabled.
4. Fixed multicast IPTV related issues in PPPoE/PPTP/L2TP connection.
5. Fixed parental control offset issue in IE.
6. Fixed 3G dongle related issue.
7. Hide ASUS DDNS description when selecting 3rd party service.
8. Fixed script error ‘invalid argument on IE’
9. Fixed smart sync JS error
10. Fixed JST time zone issue.
1. Upgraded the wireless driver and supported 5GHz explicit Tx beamforming.
2. Disk scan feature. It is in external USB disk status tab in network folder.
3. Support Sandisk Cruzer flash drive with both CD-ROM and flash disk interface.
4. Auto adjust time zone in internet setup wizard process.
5. PPTP VPN server status GUI
6. Recognized .rmvb files as video format in media server.
7. Show more detail information in USB application install process.
1. Fixed PPP IPv6 global address retrieval
2. added DHCP-PD option
3. Added LAN DHCPv6 server
4. Added network status GUI.
5. Added option domain name if available
1. Support Yota LTE dongle LU150
2. Support ZTE LTE dongle MF821
3. Support 3G dongle Q110