Nvidia has released new stable GeForce drivers. The drivers are version number 442.50 WHQL, are compatible with Windows 7 and above, and can be used on cards based on the Kepler architecture or newer. This release includes improvements for the games Zombie Army: Dead War 4, Apex Legends Season 4 and Metro Exodus: Sam’s Story, as well as several bug fixes. The complete release notes are below:
The new Game Ready Driver provides optimal support for
- Apex Legends: Season 4
- The Division 2 – Warlords of New York expansion
- ARK: Genesis Part 1.
New Features and Other Changes
- Added security updates for driver components.
See the NVIDIA Security Bulletin 4996 for details.
- VRSS profiles added for the following VR applications to enable VRSS.
- Budget Cuts 2: Mission Insolvency
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
- Doctor Who
Fixed Issues in this Release
- [Apex Legends]: The game may crash with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887A0006. 
- [Mortal Kombat]: The game may randomly crash to the desktop without error 
- [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Vulkan][HDR]:Corrupted flickering occurs when in-game HDR is enabled. 
- [Battleye][Low-Latency Mode]: Launching Battleye with NVIDIA Low Latency Mode set to Ultra may cause DWM to reset. 
- [Twitch Studio]: The app shows corruption when Image Sharpening is enabled globally from the NVIDIA Control Panel 
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed crashes when playing in a water level. 
- [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Vulkan]: Game may flicker when in-game HDR is enabled. 
- [Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan]: Random crashes occur during gameplay on Pascal and older GPUs.
Windows 7 Open Issues
- [World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth][DirectX 12]: The game crashes when switched from DirectX 11 to DirectX 12 mode. 
Windows 10 Open Issues
- [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Ansel/Freestyle]: The Ansel & Freestyle tabs are unselectable. 
- [Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege][Vulkan][G-SYNC]: When playing the game in Vulkan mode with G-SYNC enabled, flickering occurs after switching the game between full-screen and windowed mode.
To work around, either disable G-SYNC or play using an API other than Vulkan.
|Version number||442.50 WHQL|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|