AMD has released a new version of its Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 2020 drivers. The drivers are only suitable for the HD 7730(M) and higher, the HD 8570 and higher, and the R5, R7, R9 and RX series cards. The drivers are only offered for Windows 7 and 10 and there are no more 32-bit drivers available. New in the 2020 edition includes Radeon Boost, a technology that uses dynamic resolution scaling to achieve better frame rates. Version 20.11.1 includes improvements for the games DIRT 5, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Godfall and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
- DIRT 5
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Using Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.11.1, a Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU offers on average 7% better FPS performance in Godfall (DX12) on the High setting, vs. the previous driver iteration, Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.10.1.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Performance Metrics Overlay and the Performance Tuning tab incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
- Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 10|