Version 4.17.0 of Caliber has been released. This open source eBook manager is available for Windows, Linux and macOS. Among other things, it can look up all relevant information and cover images, and convert ebooks to make them suitable for various types of e-readers. Furthermore, the program can convert newspapers, magazines and news articles based on RSS feeds into e-book format. Caliber books can also be purchased at well-known web shops. In version 4.0 we find a completely renewed Content Server , there is a new e-book viewer and Qt WebKit has been replaced by Qt WebEngine. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
- Add a workaround for Amazon destroying cover thumbnails on e-ink Kindles.
For books sent with this release of caliber, reconnecting the Kindle to caliber after the cover has been destroyed will restore it automatically.
- Viewer: Group search results by section.
- Viewer: When the search results panel is expanded, show more context.
- Tag browser: Add options in Preferences-> Look & feel-> Tag browser to hide empty categories and also to have the Find in the Tag browser show all matches instead of jumping from match to match.
- Tag browser: The Find function for searching for items in the Tag browser can now do exact matching by using = as a prefix.
- Manage tags / authors / etc dialogs: Allow searching and filtering the list of items. Closes tickets: 1879134 .
- Book details panel contenxt menu: Add an action to open the Book details window. Closes tickets: 1878768 .
- Viewer: Add Next and Previous buttons in the bookmarks panel. Closes tickets: 1878691 .
- Conversion: Change the default white-space CSS for <pre> tags to pre-wrap as this suits ebooks better.
- Edit Book: Fix default CSS template not quoting the charset, causing Check book to complain about the CSS. Closes tickets: 1879618 .
- Fix a regression in the previous release that broke the losslessly compress images tool when the image filenames had upper case characters on Windows. Closes tickets: 1879313 .
- Fix a regression that broke drag and drop of images from browsers to the book details panel on some platforms. Closes tickets: 1879120 .
- FB2 metadata: Fix setting dates before 1900 failing.
- Fix Bookeen Diva HD not being detected. Closes tickets: 1877965 .
New news sources
- Independent Australia by Pat Stapelton
Improved news sources
- How To Geek
- Tagespost by Pat Stapleton
- ABC News.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|